For a smoker, the health of his lungs should be a priority because by taking care of his lungs, he actually takes care of his general health. We suggest the following tips in order to maintain your lungs healthy and strong. You don’t have to repeat them daily, but from time to time you should think about your lungs too and follow this three day detox.
In the morning, before breakfast, drink a mixture of 200 ml of water and the juice of two lemons, followed by 300 ml of grapefruit or pineapple juice. Citrus fruit are rich in antioxidants, which will help your respiratory system work better.
As a snack, consume 300 ml of carrot juice in order to alkalize the blood.
For lunch serve 400 ml of pear, apricot or banana juice. They are rich in potassium, a mineral that cleans you on the inside.
In the evening, drink 400 ml of cranberry juice. Its antibacterial properties will kill the bacteria present in your lungs and prevent infections.
- Prepare your system for the treatment by quitting dairy products 2 days before the diet. In this way, you will eliminate the toxins that these products produce.
- In the first day of the detox, consume a cup of herbal tea in order to flush out the harmful toxins from your system.
- This action is necessary so that your lungs may focus on getting clean.
- Each of the three days, take a 20-minute bath to help your body eliminate the toxins through sweat.
- Prepare a steam bath by adding several drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Bound over the bowl, cover your head with a towel and inhale the stems until the water gets cold.