Looking for how to make DIY homemade lip balm? A lip balm is a must-have beauty product that should exist in the skin care item collection of every woman. The skin’s lips are relatively sensitive and it can get dry and uncomfortable rather easy. Regardless if it is cold or warm outside, there is always something that may affect your lips.
During the cold season, the low temperatures and wind is your lips’ biggest enemy. When the summer arrives, the bright sun can burn them, making them prone to cracking as well.
So, no matter how you put it, you need a lip balm on you at all times, to make sure that your lips stay safe and beautiful throughout the year. But, for this, there is no need to purchase a lip balm because you can easily prepare one at home naturally.
With the help of a lip balm recipe, and there are quite a few you can enjoy. You can make a safe and all natural lip balm on your own.
Here is a list with the best DIY homemade lip balms anyone can make at home.
1.Homemade Lip Balm with Coconut Oil (without Beeswax)
Coconut oil can do wonders when it comes to taking care of your skin and hair. It is a natural substance that is highly nourishing and it also offers a bit of protection against UVs.
So if you are looking for a simple and easy to make lip balm recipe, this one definitely deserves of being on top of the list best DIY homemade lip balm.
Still, do remember that no any kind of coconut oil will do. If you want to make sure that you enjoy a high-quality homemade lip balm, you should purchase organic virgin coconut oil. This should be unrefined as well, if possible so that you can be sure that you get pure coconut pulp in there.
Take a clean and sterilized container, preferably a small jar (Empty Lip Balm Containers) where you will store your lip balm. And fill it half the way with coconut oil.
Coconut Oil Lip Balm Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Raw Honey, Optional
- 20 a few drops of avocado, jojoba, and argan oil
- Empty Lip Balm Containers
- You can also add a bit of lipstick if you want to add a bit of color to your lip balm.
- The more lipstick you add the more opaque and colored the lip balm will become. But this is optional, of course.
- Next, you will have to transfer everything into a clean microwave bowl and leave it 10 to 30 seconds in the microwave.So that the components melt.
- Once the content is all melted, you can add a few drops of avocado, jojoba, and argan oil, to increase hydration.
- Mix everything with a spoon, to make sure there are no lumps, and pour the liquid into the container, leaving it to cool down and solidify, becoming ready for use.